The 7 Chakras are energy centers that allow energy to flow properly in our body.
When energy is blocked in one or more Chakras, it often leads to illness or lack of energy. That is why it is important to understand what each Chakra represents and what can be done to support them and maintain the proper circulation of energy flows.
Our Chakras directly impact our health, emotions and physical reality, and vice versa.
Meditation is a practice designed to balance all our Chakras. Some yoga postures and listening to Tibetan singing bowls are also conducive to an adequate functioning of the Chakras.
The 7 Chakras:
1. The Root Chakra
This 1st Chakra represents our foundation, safety and survival, it is essential.
- Location: at the base of the spine, at the level of the coccyx.
- Emotional issues: basic needs such as financial self-sufficiency, money and food.
- Color: red
2. The Sacred Chakra
It represents the gateway to our life force and refers to our ability to be creative, to accept the “other” and new experiences.
- Location: at the lower abdomen, about five centimeters below the navel.
- Emotional issues: the feeling of living in abundance, well-being, pleasure and intimacy.
- Color: orange
3. The Solar Plexus Chakra
- Location: upper part of the abdomen, in the stomach area.
- Emotional issues: self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Color: yellow
4. The Heart Chakra
- Location: on the chest, just above the heart.
- The emotional stakes: love, joy and inner peace.
- Color: green
5. The Throat Chakra
- Location: throat.
- Emotional issues: communication, personal expression through feelings and truth, holding secrets.
- Color: blue.
6. The Third Eye Chakra
- Location: on the forehead between the eyes.
- Emotional issues: intuition, imagination, wisdom and the ability to think clearly and make decisions.
- Color: indigo
7. The Crown Chakra
- Location: top of the skull.
- The emotional stakes: inner and outer beauty, connection to spirituality and pure happiness.
- Color: purple.
Chakras: opened or closed?
1. Root Chakra
- Qualities: stability, self-confidence, courage.
- Physical disorders: circulatory, sciatic, anemia problems.
- Psychic disorders: selfishness, lack of confidence, depression.
2. Sacred Chakra
- Qualities: sexuality, vitality and creativity.
- Physical disorders: genital, renal and urinary disorders..
- Psychic disorders: anger, frustration, aggressiveness, jealousy.
3. Solar Plexus Chakra
- Qualities: balance, spontaneity.
- Physical disorders: digestion disorders, diabetes, obesity.
- Psychic disorders: irritability, nightmares, lack of self-respect.
4. Heart Chakra
- Qualities: centre of love and harmony.
- Physical disorders: tension, heart problems, back pain.
- Psychic disorders: coldness, difficulty in establishing contact.
5. Throat Chakra
- Qualities: communication, productivity, expressiveness.
- Physical disorders: throat, tooth, hearing problems.
- Psychic disorders: blockages, shyness, fear of expressing opinions, speech disorders.
6. Third Eye Chakra
- Qualities: imagination, intuition, wisdom.
- TPhysical disorders: headaches, eye disorders, diseases of the nervous system.
- Psychic disorders: lack of memory and concentration.
7. Crown Chakra
- Qualities: spirituality, self-realization.
- Physical disorders: headaches, chronic diseases, paralysis, immune deficiency.
- Psychic disorders: escape from reality, depression, difficulty in deciding.